Final Fantasy Infinite
Materia is magic coalesced into a physical form. It comes in the form of colored transparent spheres, with each color representing a specific type of Materia. To use it, all weapons (and some armors) contain one Materia slot. Extra slots can be added for an additional cost. Having a Materia equipped in a weapon grants a passive effect (usually some kind of physical or mental boost), an active effect (the ability to cast a spell), or sometimes both.
- Green Materia contains Black magic spell energy. It usually grants the ability to cast a Black magic spell of varying levels and a passive boost to an attribute.
- Blue Materia contains White magic spell energy. It usually grants the ability to cast a White magic spell and provides a passive boost to an Attribute.
- Yellow Materia contains memories from someone. When slotted into a weapon, it can provide the user with additional abilities by implanting the memories of the user into it – usually combat abilities.
- Red Materia contains refined energy, and when slotted into a weapon, it grants the weapon additional properties.
- Purple Materia is miscellaneous Materia, usually man-made or purposefully created. It varies wildly in ability.